Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Bringing in 2009

It has been a long two weeks since I last posted but I've been super busy. I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas season! As most of you know it was our Christmas to be in Mississippi with my dads' sister and her family. I was there for a week. It was a long drive but totally worth it. We are such a close family that each time we get to see each other it's special. Of course when it's time to leave it breaks my heart. I miss out on so much of their lives. Garrett is a freshman in high school and will have his license the next time I see him. Parker will be 7 in Feb. It's unbelievable how fast they grow up. It doesn't seem long ago that I was holding Parker in the hospital room. He truly is a gift from God. I miss them so much. I think I cried for 10 minutes after we left. Yes, I know I cry all the time. :) I just have to remind myself that I'll see them in May at Lance's graduation.

Yesterday was my first day home and I got a lot accomplished. I unpacked my suitcase, which seems to take forever. I cleaned my room, dusted and everything. I went to town and ran some errands and at night went to Bobe's for supper and went to see Marley and Me! Which I loved. I've been begging for a dog for about 5 years and I'm not getting anywhere but I'm not giving up! Today I took down the Christmas tree and the rest of the decorations. Fun, Fun.

I can't believe this year is over. As I look back on this past year, I have many struggles and accomplishments. Last Jan. I struggled with being away from home. I just felt like I need to be home with my family. I didn't understand why but I finished out the year and came home. Then summer came we had family vacations and weddings which were fun. By fall, a started school again only I was by myself. In a new place, but don't get me wrong I enjoy being home. My dad had back surgery in August so I was able to take care of him. I had the same routine everyday. Then came the death of Patrick, who I would say was a family friend. My mom use to give him his allergy shots. That was a wake up call. I think I drove Lance crazy. Every time there was a wreck or he wouldn't answer his phone I would freak out. He would usually tell me he's okay and not to worry so much. I was beginning to not worry so much, to let my guard down when the passing of Jim put me back into my worrying "mode." I can honestly say not a day goes by that I don't think about those girls. I think that no one at their age should ever have to go through the things they are. I pray to God that He gives them strength to get through each day. I love them all soo much. Even though we have times of struggle throughout this past year, it has made my relationship with God even stronger!

As you bring in your New Year, remember to be thankful for the things you have been blessed with in 2008. God has bigger plans for you in 2009. I can't wait to see the things He was planned for me!

Keep looking up!

God bless

No comments: