Sunday, July 13, 2014

Via: Wonder

      I can understand where Via is coming from. Sometimes as you grow up in life, it isn't always easy. Via is just entering high school and for once in her life she doesn't want to be known for the girl that has a brother that is severely disformed. I feel for her. I couldn't imagine being in her shoes. I don't believe her in the book when she doesn't tell her parents about her play because she doesn't want her "
new" life to change because of her brother. Throughout the book I never question how much she loves her brother, she just wants to be selfish and to be the center of attention. She voices how much she cares and looks out for Auggie all throughout his journey. I couldn't imagine if I was in Via shoes, it would be difficult to deal with all the stares and comments that may come her way. Growing up with a brother with special needs is difficult enough but she truly shows us how to be a great older sibling.

No comments: