Sunday, July 13, 2014

Overall Thoughts on Wonder

     Wow! I couldn't put this put book down! It took be a few days to read just because I'm a slow reader but it applies to so many parts of my life. As my first year as a head start teacher, I was blessed with having a student with down syndrome. What a true blessing. At the beginning of the year I knew it would be a challenge for me because this was something new for me. I had many years of education in special education but nothing truly prepares you for taking on that challenge. The first day of school I am welcomed with this wonderful ball of energy. It took us several weeks to get into a routine but after time the students became so attached to this little girl that often when she missed the students would asked where she was at. This reminds me of Wonder because over time students began to see him in a different way. They began to stick up for him and they were always there to protect him. When it comes to my classroom, my students would have stood up for her no matter what.

No comments: