Monday, February 2, 2009

With all my heart...

Wow.. I'm so behind. I've been tagged in two blog addictions and I haven't even had time to do either one of them. O well I'm sure I'll get around to them at one point!
Here's what's on my mind lately and I finally can share it with you! For the past few months I've been considering taking a leap of faith and doing something that I've never done. With many prayers and getting it cleared with my doctor(skin dr), I'm heading to Haiti in June for some mission work. I've always wanted to do something like this but never knew if I "could" do it. I'm so use to my lifestyle and my daily routine. After all that has happened throughout last year, I came to realize that I'm truly blessed. God gives me everything I'll ever need, so why not go a help those in need? I'm going with some girls that have truly inspired me and with help from God, I've signed up and paid my first deposit. No turning back now, and I don't want to. Last night me and Steph talking about how God influenced us in our decisions. She was saying how in church that day they were talking about a verse(Isaiah 6:8) and she knew it was meant for her to hear. I shared that in our church that morning we sang "I will SERVE you Lord with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my mind, and all my STRENGTH." I felt like He was telling me it's time to do things for others, step out of my comfort zone and share His love with others. So, I will serve Him with all of my heart! I'm totally amazed at the way God works in my life as well as my friends'. He has truly blessed me with these friends that are going to take this journey with me! God Bless them! If I may ask for one thing, please pray for us! We are going to need many prayers in order for this trip to work out! We are going with New Hope Christian Church in Washington!
I have some birthday wishes I want to mention.. Happy Birthday Garrett R. Jan 27, Aunt Jackie Jan 31, Parker Feb 1(whose 7, can you believe that) Brittany D. Feb 3 and TODAY is Steph's 20th Birthday and I have a surprise for her tonight at Bachelor Night! :) WO WO! We're totally addicted to that show!
Anyways, not much else has changed. I enjoyed not having to come to school a couple days last week. I did go to Evansville on Tuesday for a Dr. appt.(not the smartest idea) and made it home safely.
Well I hope everyone has a wonderful week!
Keep looking up and God Bless! :)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

What an awesome thing you are doing for Him! I'll be praying for you :)