Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Joy

September 2008: Job interview that would impact my life...
October 2008: Start my new job at.... WC Preschool/CC
I meet this little boy. Little did I know he would one day teach me a lesson.
March 17, 2009: This little boy lost his mother, I remember days after this I would just hold him and days we laughed together, played tag together....
When he returned to school, kids often made comments like: "he doesn't have a mommy."
One day we were playing outside and Ethan came to me and sad, "My daddy says if I close my eyes real tight I can see my mommy and I can talk to her anytime."
I may have told you this in another post but.. I found it replaying in my mind last night as I was reading Abbie's blog. I went to bed with tear filled eyes as the picture in her blog made me speechless. I only met Andrea twice. She may have not even known my name, which is funny because I feel I know so much about her life in how her friends and family love and continue to find a cure.
As I said Abbie's post could not have been written any better...
I laid in bed lost for words...
confused......as to why God does what He does? I prayed for the Boes family and for me to find meaning in all of this...
This Morning..... I read...... "PSALMS 30:5 ....weeping may remain for a night, but joy comes in the morning...."
Wow right? Did I read this in my Bible? No
It was on the very 1st page of a book a started reading today. So when I got home I opened my Bible and read some more....
verse 5.."For His anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning. V6. When I felt secure, I said "I will never be shaken."
It is always good to know God is with us, even when we are down in the dumps. When I read this I knew I needed to be thinking of all the JOY this boy brought to my life! How much he looks like his mom is just another symbol of her life, a reminder that we should live life to the fullest for tomorrow is never a given...
Saturday I will take part in the Andrea Boes Relay for life 5K/10K. I'm not a runner so this should be interesting! BUT I know God with be with us, and when He is with us we can NEVER be shaken!

No comments: