Monday, July 6, 2009

New Challenge

I'm sorry I haven't updated about my trip to Haiti, but I can't get pictures to upload and I don't want to post till I can.
Lately I've been feeling like I'm ready to extend my faith and passion for Christ. Even going to Haiti changed how I view things and made me grow. I'm ready for my next challenge. In church on Sunday, something struck me. I don't remember the exact words that were said but something like this "you will always make time for something you love or that you think is important"
WOW!
Our pastor was saying how we don't read God's word like we should. Yet, that's the book with all the answers we need to any question. We say God's so important to us, but yet we don't make time for Him. So he's challenging us as a church to a reading plan. I started reading tonight. I know I'll struggle but I'm willing to try. Are you? I'm asking anyone that's up for the challenge to work with me! I'm excited!
I started the first day: Ezra 7 & 8
If you are willing to do this with me, read these two chapters, doesn't take long, share with me what things stood out to you, and I'll share what stood out to me!
What stood out to me the most, is how God always has his protective hand over us. He protects those who acknowledge Him. In my personal life I worry too much, most of you know this. Sometimes I have to sit back and think "why I'm I worried?" don't I trust Him? I do, and I'm working on this battle.
This post will be up till I get back from my trip on July 14th. So invite many, and if I slack on getting new reading plans let me know! I'll try and post as often as I can! I'm not good with updating but the more people I have interested the easier it is for me to update. If you want to suggest a certain book or chapter of the Bible to read let me know. But I'm really excited about this! I don't know how long this will go but I hope me and whoever learn and move closer to Him.
Have a good rest of the week!
Keep looking up!

No comments: